I sold a PETE CONRAD autograph on eBay. To those who do not know who Pete Conrad is, he was the third man to walk on the moon. Conrad signed several items for me , IN PERSON back in the early 1990's. He inscribed all the items and in retrospect this made it difficult to sell these. I did keep two for myself.
I sold one of these to a guy in Canada and in turn this Canadian guy sent the autograph to Steven Zarelli. Steven Zarelli is a notarized space autograph authenticator who charges $ 75-100 each for his examination and a Certificate of Authenticity on his letterhead. Zarelli is widely accepted as an expert in Space Autographs.
Since my autograph was signed IN PERSON , I was amazed that Steven Zarelli gave an opinion that the item was a CRUDE FORGERY. The buyer filed a complaint with eBay and he not only got a quick refund(Ebay just automatically took the funds from my Paypal account) and the buyer was told , by eBay, that he had no obligation to return my autograph to me.
My name is Dan Burns and I met Pete Conrad many times . I managed an auto parts chain and Pete Conrad made public appearances at several of my stores. I even have photographs that prove that he was in my stores as well as group photographs with me in these group shots with Pete.
I do not agree with Steven Zarelli's opinion and his opinion and rejection letter directly resulted in eBay taking action against me and most likely, the photograph, despite being real, was likely destroyed by man that bought it from me on eBay.
I am certain that Steve Zarelli has studied astronauts but my experience does not give me confidence in his abilities nor does it make me trust any so-called authenticators.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I sent an item to a buyer sometimes ago. Unfortunately, the package went missing. Buyer filed for refund and Tradesy shut down my account. Post office found the missing package..."
- "I'm in the process of sueing Quibids for selling fake generic Products I have multiple items from Logitech Kingston and beats by Dre and more not only are they fake..."
- "If you're looking for cute stuff at somewhat reasonable prices for your pre-teen, this is the place to order. If you want something for yourself, stay away. I ordered this..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."