Zarelli Space Authentication - Steve Zarelli false opinion on Pete Conrad autograph
I sold a PETE CONRAD autograph on eBay. To those who do not know who Pete Conrad is, he was the third man to walk on the moon. Conrad signed several items for me , IN PERSON back in the early 1990's. He inscribed all the items and in retrospect this made it difficult to sell these. I did keep two for myself.
I sold one of these to a guy in Canada and in turn this Canadian guy sent the autograph to Steven Zarelli. Steven Zarelli is a notarized space autograph authenticator who charges $ 75-100 each for his examination and a Certificate of Authenticity on his letterhead. Zarelli is widely accepted as an expert in Space Autographs.
Since my autograph was signed IN PERSON , I was amazed that Steven Zarelli gave an opinion that the item was a CRUDE FORGERY. The buyer filed a complaint with eBay and he not only got a quick refund(Ebay just automatically took the funds from my Paypal account) and the buyer was told , by eBay, that he had no obligation to return my autograph to me.
My name is Dan Burns and I met Pete Conrad many times . I managed an auto parts chain and Pete Conrad made public appearances at several of my stores. I even have photographs that prove that he was in my stores as well as group photographs with me in these group shots with Pete.
I do not agree with Steven Zarelli's opinion and his opinion and rejection letter directly resulted in eBay taking action against me and most likely, the photograph, despite being real, was likely destroyed by man that bought it from me on eBay.
I am certain that Steve Zarelli has studied astronauts but my experience does not give me confidence in his abilities nor does it make me trust any so-called authenticators.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I recently placed 2 orders for Michael Kors bags through Macys.com. The first order I bought 2 bags that were on sale and they shipped me customer return bags. Customer..."
- "It seems that every single month that I get my invoice from EBAY it is wrong. Not only that but when they credit me back for "Partial Refunds on..."
- "I placed my order with Kohls on Nov 2 after canceling my order with Wal Mart to save nearly $70-$80.00 BIG MISTAKE. I was told that I will have my..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "I placed an order online for $40 worth of jewelry and received the confirmation order moments after it was submitted. 4 weeks had passed and I realized that I hadn't..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."