Zarelli Space Authentication - Fake Astronaut Autograph on eBay-PSA has a hair trigger on Not Authentic as Quoted by Mr Zarelli

22 of 26 Zarelli Space Authentication reviews

This signed block of stamps, allegedly signed by Edwin Aldrin AKA Buzz Aldrin is now listed on eBay, and based on an online opinion from a reputable authentication firm, came back as " LIKELY NOT AUTHENTIC " . This item comes with a Zarelli COA.

It Was Steve Zarelli, who made a statement about PSA that they have a " Hair Trigger" on the likely not authentic opinion. So - my question is -who is right ?

Steve Zarelli VS PSA-DNA , I suppose it is up to the individual to decide which opinion to go with. I compared the Lovell signatures myself against examples that were established as authentic, and frankly I have to go with PSA-DNA with the opinion that this one is not real. It does not look good to me at all. 21c58b2

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
22 of 26 Zarelli Space Authentication reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Anthony Zarelli

Dec 10, 2014 #913954

You really have to wonder how many collections are filled with junk like this.

11 0 Reply

Sep 01, 2014 #864019

Autograph looks cheesy to me ! Did Zarelli owe the seller a favor or something ? Is the COA also fake ? It would be an easy task to just scan a Zarelli COA and just change it using gimp . If Zarelli authenticated it then I pity the fool.

11 0 Reply
HB

Jun 07, 2014 #824791

OK. So you are an autograph collector and some knothead is authenticating anything and everything and you knows most of what this authenticator does BS but there is nothing you can do about it cause he is already accepted by so many and he advertises everyplace and all you can do is play the waiting game because all the fakes will be discovered some day and in my opinion all his COAs will be spit upon by those who were SKed Up !

15 0 Reply
QRM5797

May 18, 2014 #816462

Zarelli has also been accused of authenticating forgeries. On eBay, there have been increasing numbers of highly questionable material offered with Zarelli COAs. I suspect that most, or perhaps all the material on eBay has counterfeit Zarelli COAs.

11 3 Reply

May 15, 2014 #815759

"Either there are a ton of FAKE ZARELLI C.O.A.'s on Ebay or this guy just can not authenticate very well because the items on Ebay that I have viewed are quite bad in my opinion and I am a 35 year experienced collector. C.O.A.'s in my opinion are not a good thing because now collectors feel that they do not need to do there own homework and they just assume an item is real because some stranger made a document to sell along with the item.If you are going to collect autographs then step up to the plate and do it correctly. Read and do the research for yourself and you will have a better piece of mind . You will also enjoy your collection far more because you put a little work into it." I Agree Fully !!!

17 1 Reply
Ed B

Apr 14, 2014 #804952

13 0 Reply
WHB

Apr 12, 2014 #804582

What a bunch of Booobs these people that collect signatures.

10 0 Reply

Aug 03, 2014 #850779

I agree he needs to be sober

8 0 Reply
David Pincer

Mar 15, 2014 #795260 Manchester, New Hampshire, United States

If PSA gave you the opinion that this item was questionable then I would avoid it and the $ 8 you paid for an online opinion from PSA was monet well spent. PSA is second to none! PSA is the leading autograph authority period.

12 1 Reply
Decker

Mar 13, 2014 #794533

This is a lousy forgery and this is why collectors need to do their OWN homework and not rely on a COA.

10 0 Reply
Wingman

Mar 08, 2014 #792678 San Antonio, Texas, United States

The last part of the OP complaint say's James Lovell an obvious mistake but it may as well be Lovell because it is not an Aldrin signature either. This is a FAKE autograph with a FAKE COA !

9 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.