Boylston, Massachusetts
100% full

This signed block of stamps, allegedly signed by Edwin Aldrin AKA Buzz Aldrin is now listed on eBay, and based on an online opinion from a reputable authentication firm, came back as " LIKELY NOT AUTHENTIC " . This item comes with a Zarelli COA.

It Was Steve Zarelli, who made a statement about PSA that they have a " Hair Trigger" on the likely not authentic opinion. So - my question is -who is right ?

Steve Zarelli VS PSA-DNA , I suppose it is up to the individual to decide which opinion to go with. I compared the Lovell signatures myself against examples that were established as authentic, and frankly I have to go with PSA-DNA with the opinion that this one is not real. It does not look good to me at all. 21c58b2

Had an Experience with Zarelli Space Authentication?

Comments

You really have to wonder how many collections are filled with junk like this.

Autograph looks cheesy to me !Did Zarelli owe the seller a favor or something ?

Is the COA also fake ?

It would be an easy task to just scan a Zarelli COA and just change it using gimp .If Zarelli authenticated it then I pity the fool.

OK. So you are an autograph collector and some knothead is authenticating anything and everything and you knows most of what this authenticator does BS but there is nothing you can do about it cause he is already accepted by so many and he advertises everyplace and all you can do is play the waiting game because all the fakes will be discovered some day and in my opinion all his COAs will be spit upon by those who were SKed Up !

Zarelli has also been accused of authenticating forgeries. On eBay, there have been increasing numbers of highly questionable material offered with Zarelli COAs. I suspect that most, or perhaps all the material on eBay has counterfeit Zarelli COAs.

"Either there are a ton of FAKE ZARELLI C.O.A.'s on Ebay or this guy just can not authenticate very well because the items on Ebay that I have viewed are quite bad in my opinion and I am a 35 year experienced collector.C.O.A.'s in my opinion are not a good thing because now collectors feel that they do not need to do there own homework and they just assume an item is real because some stranger made a document to sell along with the item.If you are going to collect autographs then step up to the plate and do it correctly.

Read and do the research for yourself and you will have a better piece of mind .You will also enjoy your collection far more because you put a little work into it." I Agree Fully !!!

What a bunch of Booobs these people that collect signatures.

Nebo, Kentucky, United States #797587

He needs to keep that bottle corked !

to Elwynne #850779

I agree he needs to be sober

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #795260

If PSA gave you the opinion that this item was questionable then I would avoid it and the $ 8 you paid for an online opinion from PSA was monet well spent. PSA is second to none! PSA is the leading autograph authority period.